Become Mental Health Aware
Adult Mental Health First Aid – Half day course
Benefits of the half day course
This four hour course raises awareness of mental health. It covers:
- What mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Cost and value of course
Mental Health First Aid England value this course at £125 per person. Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
This course is currently offered both online and offline. Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
• What is mental health?
• Mental Health Continuum
• Factors which affect mental health
• Stress and stress management
• Spotting signs of distress
• Mental health conditions
• Take 10 together – starting a supportive conversation
• My Mental Health Toolkit
There is no formal assessment for this mental health first aid course, but delegates must complete all sections of the course.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a Mental Health Aware certificate. Mental Health First Aid England issue the certificates and delegates can expect to receive their certificate one month after attending the course.